Save the date for Arlington Affordable Housing Education Week this September 15 -21, 2012.
Supported by a number of community organizations including:
- The Chamber of Commerce
- Arlington Interfaith Council
- League of Women Voters
- the Alliance for Housing Solutions
As part of this effort, two events will be held to examine the role that housing options play in creating successful, sustainable communities. They are:
Housing: A Critical Element to Economic Growth
- Tuesday, September 18th
- 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
- Artisphere, 1001 Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Lisa Sturtevant, Center for Regional Analysis at George Mason University
- Chris Zimmerman, Arlington County Board member
- Local employers
- light continental breakfast will be served
This event is co-sponsored by the Rosslyn Business Improvement District
Design Matters: Visions for Affordable Housing
How can innovation in design encourage a level of density that will produce affordable housing to sustain a diverse community?
- Thursday, September 20, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- Dorchester Towers Rooftop, 2001 Columbia Pike Arlington VA
- Michael Foster, FAIA, Arlington architect and urban planner
- Continuing Education Units will be offered
- light refreshments offered
This event is co-sponsored by the American Institute of Architects Northern Virginia Chapter and the Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization
Both events are free and open to the public, but seating is limited. Please RSVP to MaryRAhs@gmail.com.
The Northern Virginia Affordable Housing Alliance is a broad based regional organization dedicated to the creation of successful communities through affordable housing education and advocacy.